Vegan Gluten-Free Fettuccine Alfredo
Alfredo pasta is one of those dishes that vegans and people with gluten allergies typically shy away from. But this ultra-creamy, decadent pasta is completely vegan (no dairy, cheese, or butter) and gluten-free! Now you can have your favorite pasta without guilt.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 oz. gluten-free fettuccine
- 1½ lbs. extra-firm tofu, drained
- ½ cup soy milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped basil
- ½ cup soy parmesan
- 4 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups peas
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and boil for about 6–8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, combine the tofu, soy milk, basil, soy parmesan, vegan butter, salt, and pepper in a blender. Blend until thick and creamy.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta and stir in peas.