Vegan Holiday Pumpkin Pie
Save to My Recipes
This vegan version of a holiday favorite is creamy and delicious and complete with a rich, spelt flour crust.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutes
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp. maple sugar
- 1¼ cups frozen Earth Balance Buttery Baking Sticks, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. ice water
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 5 Tbsp. coconut butter, softened
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- In a food processor or blender, combine the flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and maple sugar. Add the frozen Earth Balance Buttery Baking Sticks and water. Pulse until the mixture is coarse and crumbly.
- Transfer dough to a 9" or 10" pie pan and gently press to the bottom of pan. Shape the edges as desired. Cover and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove crust 20 minutes prior to baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, coconut butter, maple syrup, cornstarch, vanilla, ½ teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into the prepared crust and cover edges with foil.
- Bake 50 minutes, removing foil for the last 10 minutes. Cool completely before serving. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.