Vegan Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip
Serve this creamy dip hot with some baguette slices, crackers, pita bread, or sliced bell peppers and jicama. If you want to get fancy, you can carve out a bread bowl for an edible serving dish.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (12 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 1 1⁄2-quart casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray. Pulse the spinach and artichokes together in a food processor until the vegetables are finely chopped, but not puréed.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the vegan margarine over low heat. Slowly whisk in the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Whisk in the soy milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the spinach and artichoke mixture.
- Transfer the dip to the prepared casserole dish, sprinkle with vegan cheese, and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.