These are hearty, fried cornmeal cakes. Serve with homemade apple butter. They taste great with margarine and maple syrup, too!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup soymilk
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vegan margarine, melted
- Water, as needed
- Preheat griddle over medium heat.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, salt, sugar, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Stir in soymilk, egg replacement, and melted margarine. Batter should be fairly thick, but add water to thin, if needed.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto lightly greased, preheated griddle. Cook 2–3 minutes on each side until golden brown.