Vegan Lemon Cupcakes
Save to My Recipes
These delicious citrus cupcakes are packed with bright lemon flavor! They are ideal for warmer months and are superb with a vegan cream cheese frosting.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutes
- 1¾ cups spelt flour
- 1 cup maple sugar
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake pan with liners and spray liners with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, maple sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a small dish, combine the almond milk with the lemon juice. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture. Add the oil, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Gently mix to combine.
- Use a ⅓ cup measuring cup to scoop out batter. Fill the prepared cupcake liners almost completely full. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.