Vegan Lemon Drops
Like the candy, these vegan cookies pack a huge pucker punch, softened by the sweetness of white chocolate chips. For another great taste, swap the lemon juice and zest for lime.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- Juice and grated zest of 1 fresh lemon
- ¾ cup vegan white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Take out 2 baking sheets and set aside.
- Place the flours, oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and zest into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. The mixture will be quite dry and crumbly. Add the white chocolate chips and stir well.
- Scoop the dough ½ tablespoon at a time and shape into cookies. Place cookies on the baking sheets and bake on middle rack in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container.