Vegan Marinara Sauce
This classic sauce is delicious over spaghetti or in lasagna.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole tomatoes in purée
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes in juice
- Heat the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet. Sauté the onions and garlic until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the herbs, celery, and tomatoes. Stir to distribute the spices. Cook on low for 10 hours.