Vegan Mint Pesto
Pesto can be made with just about any herb or vegetable. The sharp, sweet smell of mint is refreshing and an appetite stimulant.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2–3 Tbsp. water
- In blender or food processor, chop mint with garlic until finely chopped.
- Add lemon juice, pine nuts, and salt and process again until finely chopped.
- With the machine running, add oil and water until a sauce forms. You may need to add more oil or water for desired consistency. Store covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days; freeze for longer storage.