Vegan Mixed Berry Pie
Frozen berries will work in a pinch when fresh berries are not available! Simply thaw and drain the berries, then proceed with the recipe instructions.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 package (16 oz.) unbaked vegan pie dough
- 2 Tbsp. soy milk
- In a large bowl, combine blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Gently toss to coat. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll the bottom crust out to a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface and place in a 9-inch pie pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. Roll the top crust out to a 12-inch circle.
- Fill the bottom crust with the berry mixture and cover with the top crust. Fold the overhanging edges up together, resting on the rim of the pie pan. Press with fingers to form a fluted shape all the way around the pie. Cut 4 to 5 slashes from the center of the pie out toward the edge, about 2 inches long, in a pinwheel pattern. Brush top with soy milk.
- Place pie on a baking sheet to catch any overflow of juices. Bake for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F, lay a sheet of aluminum foil over the top and edges to protect the crust from burning, and bake for another 30 minutes, until the juices are bubbling and the crust is golden brown.