Vegan Mocha Frosting
For coffee frosting, simply omit the cocoa powder.
Makes: 3Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup cold strong-brewed coffee
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat shortening, margarine, and 2 cups confectioners' sugar, and cocoa powder at medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in coffee and vanilla extract. Add remaining confectioners' sugar and continue to beat until fluffy.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.