Vegan Mushroom Risotto
Savor the flavors of mushrooms in this beautiful dish thatʼs elegant enough for company and easy enough for weeknight wonders!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1⅓ cups short-grain white rice, uncooked
- 3¾ cups water
- 6 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Drizzle the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and sauté the minced onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the uncooked rice to the saucepan and turn to coat in the oil, garlic, and onions. Stir over heat for 2 minutes. Add the water, mushrooms, and seasonings to the saucepan, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Risotto is done when the rice has absorbed all of the liquid and is sticky but cooked through.