Vegan Oat Waffles
These are delicious smeared with peanut butter and a dash of cinnamon.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Sucanat
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups soy milk
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer directions for desired browness.
- In a large bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, Sucanat, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix egg replacement, soy milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and stir until just mixed.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and bake according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve immediately. Unused portions may be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.