Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Chewy, hearty, and satisfying! Did you know that oatmeal cookies have their own national holiday? There is confusion about whether the actual date for this holiday is March 18 or April 30, so celebrate by having oatmeal cookies on both days!
Makes: 36Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream margarine, sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl. Stir in egg replacement and vanilla extract until blended. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gradually combine flour mixture with wet ingredients, then stir in oats, raisins, and walnuts, if desired.
- Chill the dough for about an hour. Drop by tablespoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to wire racks. Cool completely.