Vegan “Pigs” in a Blanket
Use store-bought vegetarian hot dogs to make this great little appetizer that kids and adults both love. Serve with ketchup or hot mustard.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. cold vegan margarine
- ⅔ cup unsweetened soy milk
- 8 vegan hot dogs, sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine flour, baking powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add margarine. Using a fork, mash the margarine with the dry ingredients until crumbly. Add soy milk a few tablespoons at a time and combine just until dough forms. You may need to add a little more or less than ⅔ cup.
- Knead a few times on a floured surface, then divide dough into 16 sections and roll into rough triangle shapes.
- Place each hot dog piece on the edge of each dough triangle and wrap. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.