Vegan Pizza Dough
Use a baking stone if you have one! A baking stone is a great addition to your kitchen arsenal, giving pizza and other baked goods a wonderful bottom crust. Bake the dough with toppings at 450°F for 20 minutes.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 1⁄4 tsp. active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1 cup water, warm (110°F–115°F), divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus additional oil for the baking sheet
- Dissolve yeast in 1⁄4 cup warm water in a medium bowl. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and sea salt. Combine the agave syrup, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and remaining 3⁄4 cup warm water with the yeast mixture, stirring to blend. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix until the dough comes together. Knead for 8 to 10 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning once to coat, and allow to rise for 1 1⁄2 hours, or until dough is very puffed up. Divide dough in half. Stretch each piece into a 14-inch circle, being careful not to flatten dough too much. Cover with a piece of lightly oiled plastic wrap and allow to rest for 15 minutes. Use additional olive oil to grease the pizza pan. Place dough in the pizza pan, stretching it to meet the edges of the pan. Cover and allow to rise for another 1 1⁄2 hours.