Vegan Potato Salad, Cypriot-Style
This low-FODMAP version of traditional Greek Cypriot-style potato salad is a delightful taste of the Mediterranean. For another version, toss in 1⁄4 cup feta cheese in the last step.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 lbs. Cyprus or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 scallions, chopped, green part only
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped black olives
- 2 Tbsp. capers, rinsed and drained
- In a shallow pan of salted boiling water, cook potatoes 25 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool, then slice into small chunks.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl with lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil. Add salt, pepper, and oregano. Toss to coat evenly. Add cilantro, parsley, and scallions. Toss to mix.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add olives and capers and fry 3 minutes. Sprinkle over potatoes in bowl. Tastes best when served immediately, but can be stored in refrigerator in an airtight container up to 2 days.