Vegan Quinoa Slow Cooker Chili
While this game-changing vegan chili slowly simmers to perfection in your crockpot, you can focus on getting ready for kickoff. Score!
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 4 hoursTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15 oz.) chili beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- In slow cooker, combine onion, poblano pepper, bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, quinoa and water. Stir to combine.
- Cook on high 2 to 3 hours. Turn to low; cook 2 to 4 hours. Alternatively, cook on low 8 hours.
- Serve with jalapenos and avocado. Refrigerate leftovers.