Vegan Raisin Scones
Scones are similar in taste and texture to biscuits, but with more class! Serve for breakfast or for an afternoon tea break.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup vegan margarine, cold and cut into pieces
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. vegan creamer
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1¾ cups flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or large fork, cut cold margarine into flour mixture until margarine is pea-sized.
- Add egg replacement, creamer, and raisins, stirring until just mixed. Place dough on a floured surface and divide into 2 equal pieces. Form each piece into a 6" disk, ¾" thick. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and cut into 6 wedges. Bake 13–15 minutes, until lightly browned.