Vegan Raspberry Oat Bars
Undeniably delicious and completely vegan, these oat bars are packed with berries, nuts, and grains in a healthy dessert bar that also satisfies a sweet tooth. Try making them with strawberry or blueberry jam for a change.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄3 cups Earth Balance Buttery Baking Sticks, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 12 oz. raspberry jam
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together Earth Balance Butter Baking Sticks, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the crushed walnuts, oats, and flour and mix until combined. The mixture should be soft and pliable and not sticky.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam with the vanilla. Add the fresh fruit and use a fork to mash up the berries.
- Scoop out about half of the dough mixture and press into the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the jam over the dough. Gently crumble the remaining dough over the jam and press very slightly to flatten a bit.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top has become a golden color and the jam is bubbling slightly. Let cool before cutting.