Vegan Rhubarb Cherry Swirl Ice Cream
Tart rhubarb and cherries make a refreshing end to a meal.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. rhubarb, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded, pod saved for another use
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup cherry preservers
- Bring rhubarb, water, sugar, vanilla bean, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly. Continue to boil until the rhubarb is soft and has a bit of a thick consistency. Remove from heat, and cool to room temperature.
- Purée rhubarb mixture in blender. Stir in coconut milk and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing. Before storing in freezer, fold in preserves.