Vegan Rhubarb Crisp
Try replacing half the rhubarb with strawberries for a classic combination.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. cold vegan margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, sugar, and cornstarch. Pour into a greased 8" × 8" baking dish. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Cut margarine into pieces and add to processor. Pulse until mixture becomes small crumbles, then pour in an even layer to cover the rhubarb.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes until the top is golden brown and rhubarb is tender.