Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This pasta dish is so unexpectedly creamy and flavorful (and it doesn’t have a stitch of dairy in it!). It would make for the perfect dinner at home with your sweetheart, especially if one of you has special dietary needs.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- Pasta of choice
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Himalayan salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- Fresh basil (for serving)
- Roast red bell peppers on a baking sheet in the oven at 500°F for 25 minutes.
- Once they're roasted, remove the stem, seeds and any burnt skin from the peppers.
- Boil pasta while peppers are roasting and drain once complete. Add a touch of olive oil to pasta.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown shallots and garlic. Season with large pinch of salt and pepper.
- In blender, mix browned shallots and garlic, almond milk, red peppers, nutritional yeast and cornstarch. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend in blender until creamy. Transfer to skillet over medium heat until simmering, then reduce to low heat until sauce thickens.
- Add noodles to sauce and garnish with chopped basil.