Vegan Rosemary and Olive Focaccia
This bread is airy, bubbly, and full of flavor! Serve it warm to your guests as a predinner appetizer.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2¼ tsp. active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 2 cups water, warm (110°F–115°F)
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup pitted and chopped black olives
- ½ cup vegan margarine, melted
- ½ cup vegan Parmesan cheese
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup warm water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 5–10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine remaining 1¾ cups warm water, flour, salt, sugar, and dissolved yeast, stirring until well mixed. Add in rosemary and olives.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Put dough into a greased 9" × 13" pan. With greased or oiled hands, press dough out to the edges of the pan. Dough will be sticky. Cover and allow dough to rise for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Press rows of indentations with your fingers across the dough. Drizzle melted margarine over the top. Sprinkle with vegan Parmesan. Bake 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to cutting board. Cut into squares to serve.