Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
Ditch the typical scalloped potatoes that load up on cheese, cream, and salt, and whip up a batch of these thinly sliced, perfectly seasoned potatoes that will calm those cravings and kill the guilt.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large Idaho potatoes
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups vegan soft cheese
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallions
- 2 tsp. chopped thyme
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- With a mandoline, slice the potatoes thinly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the potatoes, almond milk, cheese, scallions, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with olive oil spray. Pour the potato mixture into the casserole dish, and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to set and thicken for about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.