These are similar to a sugar cookie but add a delicious cinnamon kick.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 4 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine, shortening, and 1 1⁄2 cups sugar. Beat in egg replacement, vanilla extract, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt until fluffy. Gradually combine flour with wet ingredients. Chill dough for 2 to 3 hours.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar together in a small bowl. Remove chilled dough from the refrigerator.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in cinnamon-sugar to coat. Place on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.