Vegan Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Vegan sour cream makes this cake rich and moist!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- Egg replacement equal to 1 egg
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup vegan margarine, cold and cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1½ cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. In a separate bowl, combine egg replacement, sour cream, oil, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Add sour cream mixture to dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Spread batter in a greased 8" × 8" pan.
- In a medium bowl, add the remaining ½ cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, brown sugar, and margarine. Cut in with a large fork or pastry cutter until combined and crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake 30–35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.