Vegan Spinach Pistachio Pesto
Pistachios add a lot of flavor to pesto without any dairy at all. It can be frozen in small amounts; just thaw in the fridge overnight before using in recipes.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled pistachios
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In blender or food processor, combine spinach, pistachios, and basil and blend until finely chopped.
- With motor running, slowly add olive oil through the feed tube until mixture is smooth and thick. Add salt.
- Add enough water for desired consistency. Refrigerate, covered, for up to 3 days, or freeze for longer storage.