Vegan Strawberry Pie
Sweet strawberries, picked at the peak of the season, take center stage in this glistening, ruby-red pie!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- ½ package (16 oz.) vegan pie dough
- 6 cups hulled ripe strawberries, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Place pie dough in a pie plate, and cover with a piece of parchment. Fill the crust with dried beans and place in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Remove beans and parchment paper. Bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown. Cool before adding filling.
- In a large saucepan, mash 2 cups strawberries. Add sugar, water, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and clear. Remove from heat. Allow to cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Fill pie crust with remaining 4 cups strawberries. Pour sauce over strawberries.
- Refrigerate pie for 1–2 hours before serving.