Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
Bake up this not-too-sweet treat on a beautiful summer day. For a lighter, spongier cake, substitute yellow cake mix for Bisquick.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2¼ cups Bisquick
- ⅔ cup soy milk
- ½ cup vegan margarine
- 1 container (9 oz.) vegan whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix sliced strawberries with sugar in a large mixing bowl. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix Bisquick, soy milk, and margarine until a smooth dough forms.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto nonstick cookie sheet. Bake 9 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let biscuits cool thoroughly before topping with strawberries and whipped topping.