Vegan Tofu “Ricotta” Manicotti
Check the label on your manicotti package, as some need to be precooked and some can be placed straight into the oven.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 12 large manicotti
- 2 blocks firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. soymilk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 3 cups prepared marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup grated vegan cheese
- Precook the manicotti shells according to package instructions (if needed). Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9" × 13" casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mash together the tofu, lemon juice, olive oil, soymilk, nutritional yeast, garlic and onion powders, salt, basil, and parsley until well mixed, crumbly, and almost smooth.
- Stuff each manicotti noodle with the tofu mixture.
- Spread half of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish, then place the manicotti on top. Sprinkle with grated vegan cheese and cover with the remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake until bubbly and heated through, about 30 minutes.