Vegan Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Ahh, the classic taste of vanilla ice cream. This version uses cashews, which happen to be a delicious and versatile replacement for dairy.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight in water and drained
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded, pod saved for another use
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored coconut milk creamer
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Blend everything together in a blender or food processor until completely liquefied.
- Press the mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.