Vegan Vegetable Soup
Feel free to add any vegetables you like to this hearty soup. It’s a great recipe to use up leftovers or extra frozen or canned vegetables. To make this soup even more filling, you can add shredded turkey or chicken, cubed ham, or browned ground beef.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 pint sliced mushrooms
- 1 Russet potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen or canned
- 1 cup green beans, frozen or canned
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme
- Heat oil in a 6- or 8-quart Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and mushrooms and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the potato, corn, and green beans and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, water, broth, salt, pepper, and thyme and stir to combine. Allow the soup to come to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.