Vegan Whole-Wheat Blueberry Muffins
Because these muffins have very little fat, they’ll want to stick to the papers or the muffin tin. Letting them cool before removing them will help prevent this, and be sure to grease your muffin tin well.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy milk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the soy milk, applesauce, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, stirring just until mixed. Gently fold in half of the blueberries.
- Spoon batter into lined or greased muffin tins, filling each tin about 2⁄3 full. Sprinkle remaining blueberries on top of muffins.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.