Vegan Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Inspired by a well-known recipe, this version is a bit healthier with all vegan ingredients and the goodness of whole-wheat flour.
Makes: 60Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine, shortening, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in egg replacement.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, whole-wheat flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually combine flour mixture with wet ingredients. Stir in vegan chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoon onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake 9 to 11 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.