Vegan Yeast-Free Sandwich Bread
Make this vegan, yeast-free sandwich bread using a loaf pan. Let it cool completely before slicing it. Great for sandwiches and toast. Use a mild-tasting olive oil for this.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown rice flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups arrowroot starch
- 1⁄4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. whole psyllium husks
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄4 cups warm water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heavily grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk together psyllium husks, applesauce, olive oil, vinegar, and water. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until you have a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes, until the top of the loaf has risen to about 1⁄2 inch over the top of the pan and is golden-brown. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.