Vegetable Curry Stew
Top each portion of the stew with a piece of grilled chicken for a complete entrée.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 6 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. peeled and minced fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups large-diced pumpkin
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- Chicken stock or water to cover
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Put the oil in a large heavy-bottomed braising pot, with a cover, over medium-high heat. Cook the onions for about 2 minutes or until tender. Add the curry powder and sauté until fragrant. Add the garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper; cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, carrots, thyme, and scallions; cook for about 6 minutes. Add the stock (or water) to cover and bring to a simmer. Add the cauliflower and cover the pot; simmer for about 35 minutes. Remove thyme sprigs before serving.