Vegetable-Egg Scramble with Fontina Cheese
This light dish will be your favorite way to get your daily requirements of vegetables. If you don’t have broccoli or tomatoes, use whatever vegetables you have in the house.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- ½ cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. shredded fontina cheese
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the garlic for 1 minute, then add the broccoli and tomatoes. Cook for 2–3 minutes until broccoli is tender, but still crunchy.
- Whisk egg and egg whites in a bowl until frothy.
- Pour eggs into skillet and continue to mix thoroughly while eggs cook. Add basil, salt, oregano, and cheese and cook for 3–4 minutes until eggs have light brown edges. Remove from heat and serve immediately.