Empanadas are usually filled with meat, often beef, but these are full of vegetables instead.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14.1 oz.) pie dough
- 1 large egg,
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernels
- 1⁄4 cup diced roasted red bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut 3-inch circles out of the pie dough. Beat egg and water together in a small bowl.
- Combine the onion, corn, peppers, and seasoning salt. Put a spoonful of the mixture in the middle of each dough circle. Brush the edges of the dough circles with egg mixture, fold the dough over to make a half circle, and press the edges to seal. Use a fork to crimp the edges.
- Place the empanadas on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are golden. Serve warm.