Vegetable Filled Pot Pie
This creamy vegetable pot pie is packed with wholesome veggies, mushrooms and best of all, comforting flavor!
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 leek halved and cut into ¼” pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 bag (12 oz.) Kroger Brand Meal-Ready Sides Peas & Carrots
- 1 container (8 oz.) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 russet potato, diced
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 9½” deep dish pie plate or casserole dish. Beat together egg and water.
- In large skillet over medium heat, combine butter, garlic, thyme, leeks, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, until softened. Add flour, stirring continuously until incorporated. Whisk in broth and milk until smooth.
- Bring to boil; stir in peas and carrots, mushrooms and potatoes. Cook 10 to 15 minutes, until thickened and potatoes are slightly tender. Transfer to prepared pie plate.
- Roll out puff pastry; use rolling pin to smooth, if needed. Lay pastry over filling, covering completely. Trim to fit, then crimp edges. Using a knife, cut steam vents in pastry. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.