Vegetable Fried Rice (Sabzi Wale Chawal)
Try using a mix of green beans, carrots, broccoli, and sweet bell peppers in this dish. The cooked rice needs to be cold. If you prepare it fresh for this recipe, refrigerate it for at least 2 hours prior to using it here.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1” piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dried red chili, whole
- 1 cup cut frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups cold cooked basmati rice
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil on high. Add the green onions, ginger, and garlic; sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the red chili and the vegetables; sauté for about 5 minutes. Add the water and cook until the vegetables are tender and most of the water has evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, white vinegar, and salt; mix well. Add the cold rice and mix well; sauté for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the rice has completely heated through. Serve hot.