Vegetable Fried Rice
Oyster sauce is literally made of oysters, reduced down to a thick brown sauce. It’s very savory, with lots of umami.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 cups cooked cold rice
- 1 cup green peas
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper, carrot, and celery; stir-fry for 3 minutes more. Add rice; stir-fry for 3 minutes longer.
- Add peas; stir-fry for 1 minute until hot. Add oyster sauce and mix gently. Garnish with scallions and serve immediately.