This salad has its origins in Indonesia. It makes an excellent starter or side dish to a dinner party.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup cooked tofu cubes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cooked, cubed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup blanched and trimmed green beans
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1 medium cucumber, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- Layer the tofu, cabbage, potatoes, green beans, carrots, cucumbers, bean sprouts, and eggs in a bowl.
- Combine the peanut butter, honey, salt, crushed red pepper, cayenne pepper, and lime juice in a food processor or mixing bowl; Pulse or whisk together until smooth. Gradually work in the coconut milk until a saucy consistency is reached. Adjust consistency with hot water, if needed. Serve with the salad.