Vegetable Lasagna Primavera with Pasta Substitute
This vegetarian dish takes very little time and is excellent for a big family dinner or a holiday.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup corn flour (masa harina)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix 2 eggs, salt, pepper, milk, and corn flour in a blender and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour half the batter into the griddle, fry until firm, and cut into 10-inch strips that are 2 inches wide. Turn using an extra-large, long spatula. As you finish, place the strips on a baking dish that has been prepared with nonstick spray. When the bottom of the pan is covered, fry the rest of the batter in the same way and save it for topping.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, 2 eggs, garlic, Parmesan, zucchini, mushrooms, scallions, and parsley. Spread in tablespoonfuls over the base in the pan. Cover with more of the pasta strips.
- Add the marinara sauce to the pan and cover with shredded mozzarella. Bake for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.