Vegetable Lasagna Rolls
These pretty little rolls are full of creamy cheese and spinach, topped with a rich artichoke–tomato sauce.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 jar (26 oz.) chunky pasta sauce
- 9 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 package (3 oz.) nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts and add to onion mixture along with rosemary and pepper; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add pasta sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions until al dente. Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine ricotta and cream cheese and mix well. Add mozzarella cheese. Drain spinach by squeezing in a kitchen towel and stir into cheese mixture.
- Drain noodles and rinse with cold water; drain again. Spread on work surface. Spread about 1⁄3 cup of the ricotta mixture on each noodle and roll up.
- Place half of artichoke sauce in 13-by-9-inch baking pan. Top with filled noodles and rest of the artichoke sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until casserole bubbles and cheese browns.