Vegetable Lentil and Wild Rice Soup
This warm and hearty soup brings all of your favorite fall vegetables into one delicious meal. Make this soup for dinner and have tasty leftovers for lunch the next day!
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pint sweet medley tomatoes
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup lentils, cooked until tender
- 1 can (15 oz.) cooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Tri-Bean Blend, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until browned.
- Add the sweet potato, carrots, celery, tomatoes and butternut squash. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and allow to cook 15-20 minutes. Add the lentils, wild rice, mixed beans, salt, rosemary, thyme and oregano.
- Allow to cook, covered, 20-30 minutes. Add more stock to reach desired consistency.
- Serve with a toasted baguette.
- Refrigerate leftovers.