Vegetable Lover’s Lasagna
This is a great recipe for the cheese lovers in your family. You can certainly add meat if you wish, but it’s very rich without. Note that you can simply freeze large slabs of this lasagna rather than single servings if you prefer.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 3 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ⅛ cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 bag (20 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, defrosted
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 container (12 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (12 oz.) lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, and basil until soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in mixed vegetables and Italian seasoning.
- In a medium bowl, blend ricotta, eggs, and 4 cups mozzarella.
- Line the bottom of a 9" × 13" pan with aluminum foil. Put down one layer of noodles, followed by vegetables, ricotta blend, and diced tomatoes. Repeat the layering until you fill the pan. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and place in the freezer until it’s solid enough to cut into 12 pieces, about 90 minutes. Slice and double-wrap each piece in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and put into a food-storage bag for single servings.
- To warm a single piece, remove from the wrappings and place in an baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350ºF for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.