Serve these dumplings warm with your favorite dipping sauce as part of a dim sum appetizer selection.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. minced green onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp. sherry
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 18 gyoza wrappers
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- Combine the cabbage, green onion, ginger, cilantro, carrots, sherry, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Put one spoonful of filling in the middle of each gyoza wrapper. Brush the edges of the wrapper with water and then seal it by pleating and pinching one side to the other flat side. Repeat with the rest of the wrappers and filling.
- Heat the peanut oil in a skillet and place the potstickers in the oil and cook for 3 minutes. Pour in ¼ cup water and immediately cover.
- Steam the potstickers, letting the water evaporate, then turn the heat down and cook for 3 more minutes to let the bottoms get browned.
- Shake the pan to loosen the potstickers, remove, and serve immediately.