Vegetable Shrimp Kebabs
The sauce for these skewers is delicious and full of flavor!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 36 large raw shrimp, deveined
- Prepare and preheat grill. In small bowl, combine preserves, garlic powder, chili sauce, orange juice, ginger, salt, and black pepper and mix well.
- Thread vegetables and shrimp onto six 12-inch metal skewers. Place skewers in a large glass baking dish and pour preserves mixture over. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Prepare and preheat grill. Remove skewers from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill skewers 6 inches from medium coals for 7 to 9 minutes, turning once and brushing with reserved marinade, until shrimp curl and turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Serve immediately.