Packed with vegetables in a tomato broth, this essential soup is satisfying all year long and is a great way to eat vegetables.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped leeks (white and light green parts only—discard dark green part)
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup sliced carrots (½" pieces)
- ½ cup sliced parsnips
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup chopped cabbage
- ½ cup peeled, cubed potatoes
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped green beans
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions, leeks, and celery for 10 minutes. Add carrots, parsnips, and garlic and cook another 10 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, tomato paste, and chicken broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Add parsley, salt, and pepper before serving.