Tabbouleh is a salad made from cracked wheat or bulgur, vegetables, and a light dressing. Itʼs an excellent light main dish for summer entertaining.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups bulgur, rinsed
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomato halves
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- Bring the stock to a boil. Place bulgur in a large bowl, then pour stock over bulgur. Cover bowl with plate and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Toss in tomatoes, grape tomatoes, zucchini, squash, cucumber, onion, and basil and mix well.
- In food processor, combine remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Pour over bulgur mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.